Today was day one for our kitchen backsplash, and we're almost half-way! (Well, half-way done hanging it... then comes sealing & grout & stuff....) I didn't get complete "before" pictures... he had already started, but you can get a pretty good idea of what it looked like.
Before...

And, after!


I have to say that Todd did an awesome job - he worked late to get it done, and I think his work turned out beautifully - Yes, I'm bragging on my husband but he deserves it! (Thanks Toddie!)
8 comments:
It looks AWESOME and I love home improvement posts!
I'm glad you like it! - I'll probably be putting up one a day for the next few days, so enjoy! :)
It really looks good. I have a very talented brother, I must say! I cant wait to come and see the finised product. What great colors!
Thanks Stefie - he is pretty good! I'll make sure and let him know that you like it - (it will make him happy!)
I LOVE it! I must do a backsplash at my humble abode!
Thanks Paigie - we like it too! Yes, a backsplash is a great weekend project & then it feels like you have a brand new kitchen! Is fun!
This is looking sooooo good. I'm impressed with the work Todd can do. The island is really cool, did you already have it, or get it unfinished?
~Scott and Trina
Hey Scott & Trina :)
I should have taken a before shot of the island! This was actually one that we had in our kitchen already, but we replaced the top (my old one had a crack in it... long story!) and then painted it black to kind of set it apart. So basically he just roughed it up and then went through the painting process. He really is a talented guy - he does interior finishing for a living, so he kind of has a knack for it. I should be posting pictures of the finished job tomorrow - we are excited to wrap things up! (Though less than a week for a kitchen update really isn't that bad!)
Post a Comment