Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Kitchen... Day four, kinda

Well, today we finished a few big jobs (again, please remember that I like to say we, but it mostly just covers the fact that I was present while the work was going on) ... for one, we moved the island into the house and set the counter top into place - two, Todd grouted all of the tile that's been installed over the last few days. If you've ever installed tile before, you can sympathize with the tedious clean up that comes after grouting... lots of clean water & lots of sponge wringing - and consequently, sore fingers! (Cue tiny violin... now!) Anyway, clean up is the part where I came in to the picture, so at least I felt like I contributed a little! (Yes, I realize that this isn't much compared to tiling, sanding, painting, sanding again, painting again, etc. but hey, I do try to help out where I won't screw things up... :)

Anyway, no pictures today - though the tile is grouted, I can't do the final sealing of the grout & tile until tomorrow and I want a picture of the finished product (the sealer does change the color just a little)... also, the caulk holding the counter top to the island is still setting up, so the island is currently buried under various heavy items piled on top to help press the counter down to get a good tight set (where are those clamps when you need em?) - which means no pictures of the island. Besides, I'd want to take another picture tomorrow of the completed job (and clean kitchen, which it is NOT right now... tools do not a good feature make) and how much fun would it be to have the same pictures both days, minus the scrubby tool type items? Anyway, it's late and I can see that I'm rambling, and I doubt it's possible that anyone is up to see that I'm posting anyway... so no one is likely to see my explanation until I already have the new pictures up... which means that this post was really just a good long bit of nonsense that I wrote to my pretend audience because I wasn't coherent enough to stop and consider the fact that I was blogging after midnight. crap.

1 comment:

Powell Family said...

I dont want all this gab!! I want photos! I have to see to beleive!