Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Tag

In light of the fact that I haven't posted in a while, I decided I'd better put something up here. I swiped this from my friend/neighbor Carrie's blog... I guess people are supposed to tag you with this, but I pretty much tagged myself - so if you are reading this and you like it, don't wait to be tagged - do what I did and just take it!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Definitely hot chocolate - egg nog is blah!

2. Do you wrap presents or bag them? Depends on who, how many and how big! For me, hubby, and kids we definitely wrap.

3. Colored lights or White? I like them both, but we mostly did white this year.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I used to, but I haven't looked for it in a while -

5. When do you decorate? I have the big wonderful notion that we decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving... however, I don't know that we actually hit those days very often... we actually started the week of Thanksgiving this year (but no Christmas music until AFTER Thanksgiving.

6. Favorite holiday dish? Loooove pie! (does that count?)

7. When and how did you learn about Santa? Learn what?...

8. How do you decorate your tree? We put the prettyish decorations & ribbon on first, then the kids do the cutsie ones after the breakable ones are up.

9. Snow...love it or dread it? I like snow on Christmas eve & Christmas day... and that's about it. Maybe long enough for one or two sledding trips & a snowman...

10. Can you ice skate? It's debatable... probably no...

11. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a child... the year we upgraded from our old PC to the one with the new fangled CD Rom (oooooooooooohhhhhh!)

12. What is the most important part of the holidays? Remembering the savior, and being with family.

13. Favorite holiday dessert? Still pie!

14. Favorite memory? When Kayla was still a baby, we all went to see the lights at temple square - we walked into the tabernacle & listened to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir practice... it was amazing.

15. Do you have a special ornament? I have a rocking horse ornament that my mom made for me - and I put it away so well that I can't find it this year.

16. What do you do on Christmas Eve? We have wassail & treats at Todd's parents' house, & Myrna reads a special Christmas story each year - then gives a copy of the book to each family. At my grandparents, we have Christmas dinner & open a present - sometimes Santa shows up!

17. If you could have anything for Christmas this year what would it be? I honestly don't know - a yard that has grass in it?... Really though, just to have everyone safe & healthy is enough!

18. What do you do for neighbors and friends for Christmas? I have been doing homemade marshmallows & hot chocolate the last 2 years... last year the hot chocolate was homemade too, but it was Stephen's for everyone this year!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Stephanie, you blogged! Yeah! We LOVE your homemade marshmallows! I didn't even know people could make them!

Powell Family said...

Wow! Did a post! Im very proud of you! So all you want is health? That isnt what you told me you wanted on the phone....you had a list a mile long of stuff. I really dont remember you mentioning health! JK, you totally did! You said you wanted a healthy serving of PIE!! I know you love me! :)

Paige n' Kalani said...

Steph... can you hear that? Its the sound of angels singing because you finally updated your blog! Tee hee hee! You know you love me, even if I sometimes am a bit odd! (I almost typed off, but I guess that makes sense too doesn't it?) You never did email me that recipe for the marshmallows so I could give em' to MY neighbors with my home made hot chocolate. Rude.