Sunday, May 31, 2009

Um... time flies?...

Or... maybe I'm just lazy - that's probably more accurate. I guess I am long overdue for a new entry - along with a few new pictures, updates... all that good stuff! (I have also been kind of camera lazy, but I'll post what I have) So here we go!

We had great weather for Easter this year, and were able to spend it with both families - Easter morning was spent up at my Grandparent's house, along with Paige & Kalani's family, Jonathan, and of course, my grandparents! (The day before that was my birthday, and Kalani & Jon surprised me with a very creative animal birthday cake that they baked & decorated all by themselves - I loved it! I think Paige has a picture of it, so I'll have to get it and post it later :) Anyway, the kids had a great time hunting Easter eggs - however, I think that the Easter bunny needs to rethink the amount of eggs he hides, as taking home a grocery bag filled with candy might be considered overkill... that, and I end up eating more than the kids.

After the morning egg hunt & breakfast with my family, we went down to Dave & Myrna's to spend the rest of the afternoon with Scott & Stef's families - the kids were surprised with another egg hunt, and Myrna made me a cake for my birthday (two cakes is way better than one!) The weather was so nice that we spent most of the day outside playing - woo hoo! The kids love the playground at Dave & Myrna's - I think I need to steal it and move it to my house!
Speaking of warm weather, Rendan graduated from preschool at the beginning of May, and is not particularly happy about it - being at school is much more interesting than being at home! Here he is dressing up for 'fairy-tale day' - the kids could dress up as their favorite fairy tale character... Rendan didn't really have a favorite, so we dug through our old Halloween costumes and came up with this... I think he liked the stick more than anything...



And, here he is on graduation day - of course, he managed to give himself a black eye for the occasion - he was worried that everyone was going to look at it when he went to class, but I don't think anyone else minded it as much as he did. This little cutie in the picture with him was the main topic of conversation this preschool year, at least when it came to his friends - he adored her to the point where I'm just glad she put up with his constant attention. The highlight came when we wrote her a letter for her class mail slot - he wasn't happy when I made him downgrade from writing 'I love you' to 'you're nice and you're pretty'... he came to me broken-hearted after class that day and told me that she did not like his letter at all... apparently the 'pretty' part didn't go over very well, and he took it rather hard... (Good thing that 4 year-olds move on quickly!)

Well, that's about it for now! Stefanie pointed out that I need to be writing about the new stuff going on (like gardens & kitties) so I'll try to post something more recent if I get some new pictures - until then, I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my nephew and will hopefully have some great pictures when he arrives! :)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Cute kids!

Paige n' Kalani said...

Lol - Rendan is a ladies man already!! Watch out Teffi!

Anonymous said...

Rendan looks EXACTLY like Darius! So cute!